A dropbox is located in the 24-hour lobby of the Blount County Justice Center, 940 E. Lamar Alexander Parkway, Maryville, TN 37804.
Everything from narcotics to over-the-counter medications will be accepted.
Items Accepted for the Pharmaceutical Collection Program
- Liquid medications (in leak-proof containers)
- Medicated ointment, lotions, or drops
- Pills in any packaging (glass bottles, plastic containers, plastic bags, etc.)
- Over-the-counter medications Liquid medications (in leak-proof containers)
- Pet medications
Items Not Accepted in the Program
- Blood sugar equipment
- Illegal drugs & narcotics (although police will accept these items if placed in the container)
- IV bags
- Bloody or infectious waste
- Personal care products (shampoo, lotions, etc)
- Compressed liquid like an asthma inhaler
Safe At-Home Disposal
Do not flush or pour medications down the drain. Remove medication from original packaging and mix with an undesirable substance such kitty litter or used coffee grounds. Place the mixture in a bag and throw in your trash container. Remove and destroy any personal information on the empty medicine container and recycle the empty container.