The Community Justice Initiative strives to ensure public safety by effectively addressing criminal behaviorand its many underlying causes for the benefit of the citizens of Blount County
Objectives: “Targeting Appropriate Interventions”
• Enhance the quality of life of all Blount County citizens.
• Help ensure the safety of the public, staff, inmates, and program participants.
• Minimize victimization and help repair harm caused by crime.
• Achieve cost efficiencies and effectiveness throughout the system.
• Provide appropriate facilities and programs based on individual needs and risks.
• Decrease the rate at which people return to jail for committing new crimes.
• Provide programs that address factors that contribute to criminality, including substance abuse, addictions, and mental illness.
• Use innovative and evidence-based programs and design principles.
• Make time in the justice system effective by fostering accountability and encouraging positive life changes.
• Maximize staff effectiveness and job satisfaction.
• Accommodate growth and change in populations, programs and operations over time.